MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
As the Front Office Manager, one should act as the bridge between the front and the back office. Directs and coordinates the activities of the front desk, guest services, and telephone areas. Prepare monthly reports and budget for front office department. While coordinating the operation, you will also ensure that all guests experience a fantastic stay.
Demonstrate Great CARE, COMMITMENT & CONSISTENCY in all aspects of your position, your team members and our guests.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Evaluates the job performance of each Front Office employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- Maintains Master Key controls.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Responsible for employee cashier banking and verifies cash drops at the end of each shift.
- Enforces all cash-handling and credit card policies.
- Conducts scheduled meetings with front office staff.
- Prepare performance reports related to front office.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing in-house status daily. Analyse rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house accounts.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
- Maintain required par levels of all front office and stationery supplies.
- Review daily front office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Trains, cross –trains, and re -trains all front office staff.
- Motivates Front Office Team to perform at their best.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchers, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Perform Duty Manager shifts as required by the business operations.
- Planning of monthly departmental rosters.
- Conducts performance reviews with staff.
- Compile Monthly Payroll for Front Office and submit to HR.
- Review of OTA bookings.
- In charge of VIP Gifting and overseeing of Guest Relations
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management or other related field
- Computer Knowledge and experience in MS office programs
- Minimum 2 to 3 years in a Front Office Management Role
- Well-developed communication and customer relations skills. Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of Opera / other World Class Property Management System is required